Meeting 150 Baby Turtles



                On a sunny day in April, 2017, my family and I visited the Turtle Beach Hotel in Turtle Beach, Ujung Genteng. The road leading us to our destination was rough; there are many holes and bumps. As far as I remember, there is a part of the road where it was so narrow that the chance of our car slipping is high. Oh, have I mentioned that the road goes up, down, and around at least two mountains? I know it doesn’t sound like much but hey, I almost threw up all over my car seat.

Although I complained a lot about the condition of the road, when I got to the actual beach, I forgot about all of my concerns. The view in front of me was so breathtakingly beautiful. The clean beach with seashells scattered around, the little fishes swimming around in water puddles after the low tide and a cute German shepherd greeting us while wagging its tail. 




   
For a while, I thought his name was Kai, but then I figured out his name was Kyle the whole time.

We explored around the beach for a while before we decided to eat lunch. After we ordered our food, my cousin went to take pictures of the beach. I went with her because I also wanted to explore the beach a bit more. I made a sand castle (more like a sand blob) and someone decided to visit my little castle, that someone is a tiny crab. Being the excited little kid that I was, I quickly called my cousin to take a picture of my little visitor. After a while, the food came and we all ate in peace.

 Now I gotta address the elephant in the room, some parts of this story probably would not make sense because this whole thing happened 3 years ago and I don’t have the best memory. So, I’m sorry. Now back to my vacation.

On our second day (I think) my family and I went to a sea turtle sanctuary near our hotel called “Area Pelestarian Penyu”. We were told that we shouldn’t touch the sea turtles, but some random kid put his hands all over the baby turtles right in front of the people in charge. My cousin has photos and videos of the baby turtles but she can’t send it by the time I’m writing this, so I’ll try my best to get those in the near future.

After getting back to our hotel, we washed up and went to the restaurant in our hotel to eat dinner. The entire time I ate there, I always ate fried calamari and stir fried kale. While waiting for the food, I wandered around the hotel again. Near the restaurant, there is a dog tied by a leash to a chair (?) I tried approaching it, but one of the employees told me that the dog was aggressive so I just stared at the dog in silence.

Well, since I couldn’t remember much, this is all I’ve got. I’m sorry that I couldn’t give the full experience. I do recommend staying at the Turtle Beach Hotel because; the view is nice, they’re right in front of the beach, the restaurant is fine, and the price is quite on the low side. They charge you Rp 400k for a night in the single room deluxe (Rp 450k if you’re staying on a weekend).

Again, sorry that this story is incomplete, but mostly, thank you for reading this.

Comments